- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"LOVED this recipe. Very flavorful and so quick and convenient. You get a flavorful main dish with very little prep. I cut the recipe in half for me and my husband - used three leg quarters, approx 1-lb. potatoes, and half of the remaining ingredients. Used all of the spinach as we enjoy spinach. I put all the ingredients, except the chicken, on a half-size baking sheet, tossed to coat then placed the chicken on top. One pan from prep to cook. Can't be any easier than that!"
"We loved this recipe. And it was so easy. Next time, I would add chicken broth because potatoes were a little dry. I did add carrots and I used Trader Joe's everyday seasoning on the chicken. I also added a little more paprika on the chicken."
"We found this recipe way too water/greasy. Followed directions but ended up with about 1/2 to 3/4 inches of watery chicken grease on the bottom. The taste was okay - but potatoes were barely done and I left it in the oven an extra 20 - 25 minutes and turned the heat down to 350 deg. after one hour was up. But, won't make this again, too much water/grease on the bottom on the pan I used. I used a lasagna pan, but didn't take the skin off the leg quarters. That might have made a difference."
"This is a nice recipe for during the week. I did add some chicken broth since my potatoes were not cut too small and took a long time to get soft. I also used boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in half and it was delicious!!!"