- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"I made this for dinner this evening, and it was delicious and so easy. My husband loved it. Instead of chicken quarters, I used just the legs, and they were nicely browned and crispy. Will definitely make it again."
"Delicious recipe and very easy to prepare. I had to extend the cooking time another 30 minutes and I mixed the spinach, onions and garlic with the thyme and oil before I put it in the pan."
"I was surprised at how flavorful such a simple recipe could be. The whole family enjoyed it. I will make this again and again!"
"LOVED this recipe. Very flavorful and so quick and convenient. You get a flavorful main dish with very little prep. I cut the recipe in half for me and my husband - used three leg quarters, approx 1-lb. potatoes, and half of the remaining ingredients. Used all of the spinach as we enjoy spinach. I put all the ingredients, except the chicken, on a half-size baking sheet, tossed to coat then placed the chicken on top. One pan from prep to cook. Can't be any easier than that!"
"We loved this recipe. And it was so easy. Next time, I would add chicken broth because potatoes were a little dry. I did add carrots and I used Trader Joe's everyday seasoning on the chicken. I also added a little more paprika on the chicken."