- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"Followed the instructions and it was nothing great.. Something is missing inthis recipe.. Very colourful but disappointing as far as flavor.. Will not be making again??"
"I was surprised how flavorful the chicken was with such simple seasoning. Found that 60 minutes wasn't quite long enough to cook the chicken quarters all the way through. The leftovers reheated well. It looks pretty in the casserole, too! Definitely making again, but adding more spinach."
"I made this for dinner this evening, and it was delicious and so easy. My husband loved it. Instead of chicken quarters, I used just the legs, and they were nicely browned and crispy. Will definitely make it again."
"Delicious recipe and very easy to prepare. I had to extend the cooking time another 30 minutes and I mixed the spinach, onions and garlic with the thyme and oil before I put it in the pan."
"I was surprised at how flavorful such a simple recipe could be. The whole family enjoyed it. I will make this again and again!"