- 2 pounds red potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh spinach
- 1 large onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 6 chicken leg quarters
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 375°. Place potatoes, spinach and onion in a greased shallow roasting pan. Add oil, garlic, 3/4 teaspoon salt, thyme and 1/2 teaspoon pepper; toss to combine.
- Arrange chicken over vegetables; sprinkle with paprika and remaining salt and pepper. Roast 55-60 minutes or until a thermometer inserted in chicken reads 180° and potatoes are tender. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Chicken & Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"I made adjustments I use garlic salt instead of minced garlic and sprinkledad on potatoes and chicken I also covered the dish with foil so chicken stayed moist. Instead of olive oil I used coconut oil. Dish was amazing all 6 kids liked it."
"Overall, this was Ok to good. Knowing our family expects more intense flavors, I added rosemary (always good with potatoes and chicken) and even a bit of Cajun seasoning. I increased the spinach for more nutrition. Even so, it was a tad bland. Like a few other reviewers, I also had to cook the casserole for an additional 20 minutes to finish cooking the potatoes. I used both white and dark meat chicken to please different members of the household and with the extra time added, the white meat came out dry. If I make this again, I will precook the potatoes for a few minutes in the microwave before mixing with the other veggies. Yes, there was quite a bit of liquid at the bottom of the dish but I had removed chicken skin, so it was just cooking juices. I just used a slotted spoon to dish out the veggies--that was no biggie. Not sure if I'll make again or not!"
"Followed the instructions and it was nothing great.. Something is missing inthis recipe.. Very colourful but disappointing as far as flavor.. Will not be making again??"
"I was surprised how flavorful the chicken was with such simple seasoning. Found that 60 minutes wasn't quite long enough to cook the chicken quarters all the way through. The leftovers reheated well. It looks pretty in the casserole, too! Definitely making again, but adding more spinach."
"I made this for dinner this evening, and it was delicious and so easy. My husband loved it. Instead of chicken quarters, I used just the legs, and they were nicely browned and crispy. Will definitely make it again."