Roasted Cauliflower Mash Recipe
Here’s a tempting yet lower-carb alternative to traditional holiday side dishes of spuds or rice. Guests who don’t detect the cauliflower might even think it’s mashed potatoes!
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, oil, garlic and Greek seasoning. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower with cheese, sour cream, bacon and butter. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC