Roasted Cauliflower Mash
Here’s a tempting yet lower-carb alternative to traditional holiday side dishes of spuds or rice. Guests who don’t detect the cauliflower might even think it’s mashed potatoes!
10 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, oil, garlic and Greek
- seasoning. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender,
- stirring occasionally.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower with cheese,
- sour cream, bacon and butter. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square
- baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated
- through. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 224 calories, 18 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 523 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.