Here’s a tempting yet lower-carb alternative to traditional holiday side dishes of spuds or rice. Guests who don’t detect the cauliflower might even think it’s mashed potatoes!
- 2 medium heads cauliflower, broken into florets
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons Greek seasoning
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower, oil, garlic and Greek seasoning. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer cauliflower to a large bowl. Mash cauliflower with cheese, sour cream, bacon and butter. Transfer to a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Cauliflower Mash in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2013, p39
Reviews for Roasted Cauliflower Mash
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review