Roasted Carrots with Dill Weed
This almost effortless side dish pairs wonderfully with my Thanksgiving turkey. Just a handful of ingredients keeps it simple, but flavorful. —Donna Noel, Gray, Maine
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium carrots, halved lengthwise and widthwise
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place carrots in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Drizzle with butter and sprinkle with dill, salt and pepper; toss to
- coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-18 minutes or until
- carrots are tender, stirring once. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 15 mg cholesterol, 367 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein.