This addictive vegetable combo is a fresh take on one of my mother's standard wintertime dishes. I usually add more carrots—as many as the pans will hold. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
Featured In: 40 Ways to Love Roasted Veggies
- 2-1/2 pounds medium carrots, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 large fennel bulb, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 large red onion, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 medium lemon, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven to 375°. In a large bowl, combine carrots, fennel, onion and lemon. Mix oil, coriander, cumin, salt and pepper; drizzle over carrot mixture and toss to coat. Transfer to two foil-lined 15x10x1-in. baking pans.
- Roast 40-50 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with basil. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Carrots & Fennel in Taste of Home February/March 2016, p33
Reviews for Roasted Carrots & Fennel
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 6, 2016
Reviewed Feb. 27, 2016
"Wonderful! The leftovers were even better the next day. This is going into my file for potluck dishes. I can make it ahead of time and reheat plus it will travel well. This is a keeper."