Roasted Carrot Dip Recipe
Once you start eating this delicious dip, it’s difficult to stop. The smooth texture and sweet carrot flavor go great with the crisp pita wedges. —Alana Rowley, Calgary, Alberta
- 10 medium carrots
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. Cut carrots in half widthwise; cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, garlic and oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Cool slightly.
- 3. In a blender, combine 6 tablespoons water, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper and carrot mixture; cover and process until smooth. Add additional water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until serving.
- 4. Brush both sides of pita breads with butter. Cut in half; cut each half into six wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with carrot dip. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1/4 cup) equals 231 calories, 15 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 266 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC