Once you start eating this delicious dip, it’s difficult to stop. The smooth texture and sweet carrot flavor go great with the crisp pita wedges. —Alana Rowley, Calgary, Alberta
- 10 medium carrots
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 to 8 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/8 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 4 to 6 pita breads (6 inches)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- Cut carrots in half widthwise; cut lengthwise into 1/2-in.-thick slices. In a large bowl, combine the carrots, garlic and oil; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20 minutes. Stir; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until carrots are tender. Cool slightly.
- In a blender, combine 6 tablespoons water, vinegar, mayonnaise, sour cream, sugar, salt, pepper and carrot mixture; cover and process until smooth. Add additional water if needed to achieve desired consistency. Transfer to a large bowl; refrigerate until serving.
- Brush both sides of pita breads with butter. Cut in half; cut each half into six wedges. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 4 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Serve with carrot dip. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Carrot Dip in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p 31
Reviews for Roasted Carrot Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review