Roasted Cajun Potatoes
These nicely seasoned potatoes pair especially well with grilled pork chops or ribs. Tamra Duncan
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 45 min.
- 2-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges.
- In a large bowl, combine the oil, shallots, garlic, salt, paprika,
- cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat. Place in a
- greased roasting pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 45-50 minutes or until tender and
- golden brown, turning every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley.
- Yield: 8 servings.
TEST KITCHEN TIP You can substitute russet potatoes for red potatoes in this recipe if you prefer.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber,