Roasted Cajun Potatoes Recipe
These nicely seasoned potatoes pair especially well with grilled pork chops or ribs. —Tamra Duncan
- 2-1/2 pounds medium red potatoes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Cut each potato lengthwise into eight wedges.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the oil, shallots, garlic, salt, paprika, cayenne and pepper; add potatoes and toss to coat. Place in a greased roasting pan.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 45-50 minutes or until tender and golden brown, turning every 15 minutes. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 165 calories, 7 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC