- 1 medium head cabbage (about 2 pounds), coarsely chopped
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 450°. Place cabbage and onions in a large bowl. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper and toss to coat. Transfer to a shallow roasting pan, spreading evenly. Roast 30-35 minutes or until vegetables are tender and lightly browned, stirring halfway.
- Transfer cabbage mixture to a large bowl. Add chives and tarragon; toss to combine. In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients until blended. Drizzle over cabbage mixture; toss to coat. Let stand 10 minutes to allow flavors to blend. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Cabbage & Onions
"Was a lovely dish. We really enjoyed it. Thanks for a wonderful recipe. Will be another favourite in our home!"
"An easy way to cook cabbage. I cut the recipe down to about 1/3 head of cabbage. I used red cabbage. And traded the onion for an apple."
"Great taste! A definite keeper that will be served often. I am a big fan of roasted vegetables and this did not disappoint. I didn't have fresh tarragon or chives, so I used dried and it was great. In the spring I will definitely try fresh. I only used about 1/2 of the dressing and it was plenty. I already can't wait until I make it again!"
"A nice combination of two vegetables I don't usually serve alone. Didn't have fresh chives, but frozen ones did just as well."
"Cutting this recipe down to serve just two, I used 1/4 of a head of cabbage, and 1/2 large onion. I am a big fan of cabbage, and all the variations of slaw and sauerkraut, so this recipe was a huge success. Thanks, Ann, for another keeper."
"I really liked this recipe for using cabbage as a nice side dish. Every oven is different and mine needed much less time in the oven. More like 24 minutes. After tossing with the dressing I also added some canned tuna flakes. Thank you for sharing this recipe."