Roasted Butternut Squash with Root Vegetables Recipe
Even finicky folks will eat their vegetables when they're tossed with seasonings and olive oil, then roasted. To save time, our home economists suggest you peel and cut the squash, rutabagas and turnips earlier in the day. Place in resealable plastic bags and chill until ready to use.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the squash, rutabagas, fennel and turnips in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 55-60 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup: 146 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 253mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 8g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash with Root Vegetables
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC