- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the squash, rutabagas, fennel and turnips in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 55-60 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Root Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p26
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash with Root Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review