Even finicky folks will eat their vegetables when they're tossed with seasonings and olive oil, then roasted. To save time, our home economists suggest you peel and cut the squash, rutabagas and turnips earlier in the day. Place in resealable plastic bags and chill until ready to use.
- 3 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 large rutabagas, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 large fennel bulbs, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 small turnips, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place the squash, rutabagas, fennel and turnips in two 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Combine the remaining ingredients; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 450° for 55-60 minutes or until tender, stirring twice. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Root Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2005, p26
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash with Root Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review