- 4 cups cubed sourdough bread
- 5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 medium butternut squash (about 3 pounds), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon each salt, ground ginger, ground cumin and pepper
- 1 cup salted shelled pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 4 shallots, finely chopped (about 1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Preheat oven to 425°. Place bread cubes in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan; toss with 2 tablespoons oil. Bake 10-15 minutes or until toasted, stirring twice.
- Place squash in a greased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. Mix seasonings and remaining 3 tablespoons oil; drizzle over squash and toss to coat. Roast 35-45 minutes or until tender and lightly browned, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, combine bread cubes, squash, pumpkin seeds, cranberries and shallots. In a small saucepan, combine the first six dressing ingredients; heat through, stirring to blend. Remove from heat; gradually whisk in oil until blended.
- Drizzle 1/2 cup dressing over salad and toss to combine. (Save remaining dressing for another use.) Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Butternut Squash Panzanella in Taste of Home September/October 2014, p65
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Squash Panzanella
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 14, 2014
"MMMMM!!! EXCELLENT! This made 4 main dishes for us."