Roasted Butternut Penne Recipe
- 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- 1. Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place squash and shallots in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop shallots.
- 3. In a small saucepan, combine cream and sour cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, cayenne and remaining salt.
- 4. Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce mixture and roasted vegetables; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 541 calories, 25g fat (13g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 609mg sodium, 60g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein .
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Penne
"For the amount of work involved and fat content, it had better be tasty. It looked pretty, but even with bold blue cheese the flavor was mediocre. Without a flavor punch, the cayenne adds unnecessary heat. I'd rather eat the roasted squash by itself."