- 1/2 pound uncooked penne pasta
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 2 shallots, quartered
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped pistachios
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, place squash and shallots in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with 1/4 teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. When cool enough to handle, finely chop shallots.
- In a small saucepan, combine cream and sour cream. Bring to a gentle boil. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, cayenne and remaining salt.
- Drain pasta; transfer to a large bowl. Add sauce mixture and roasted vegetables; toss to combine. Sprinkle with pistachios. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Penne
Sort By :
"For the amount of work involved and fat content, it had better be tasty. It looked pretty, but even with bold blue cheese the flavor was mediocre. Without a flavor punch, the cayenne adds unnecessary heat. I'd rather eat the roasted squash by itself."