- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 cups julienned Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the squash and onion in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil and pepper flakes; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, Swiss chard, sage, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Linguine
"The photo looks better than it tastes. Didn't like the Swiss chard at all!"
"To me this was a very 'dry' dish. I added some butter and wine to help with that. Also added some sauteed garlic and some Parmesan cheese, as to my taste it was rather bland. Not something I will make again, sorry. I was so disappointed, as was really excited to try this. To me it was a waste of some good butternut squash."
"I found it to be a bit bland, unless the bite had squash in it. Something is missing, I can't quite figure it out--maybe goat cheese? I was expecting a dish that was more savory than sweet. I might make it again for a healthy dish for myself, but not for company.Edit: Gave it another try. Doubled the amount of sage, since I could not taste it at all last time. Much better."
"This was fabulous! I followed the advice of others and sautéed the chard, garlic, and onions. (I used yellow onion.). Next time I may add sausage as another suggested. I will make this again."
"great easy to make"