Roasted Butternut Linguine for Two Recipe
- 2 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 pound linguine
- 1 cup shredded Swiss chard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh sage
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place the squash and onion in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil and pepper flakes; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- 3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add the squash mixture, Swiss chard, sage, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/2 cups equals 377 calories, 11 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 65 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 10 g protein.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.