- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 cups julienned Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the squash and onion in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil and pepper flakes; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, Swiss chard, sage, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Linguine
Sort By :
"The photo looks better than it tastes. Didn't like the Swiss chard at all!"
"To me this was a very 'dry' dish. I added some butter and wine to help with that. Also added some sauteed garlic and some Parmesan cheese, as to my taste it was rather bland. Not something I will make again, sorry. I was so disappointed, as was really excited to try this. To me it was a waste of some good butternut squash."
"I found it to be a bit bland, unless the bite had squash in it. Something is missing, I can't quite figure it out--maybe goat cheese? I was expecting a dish that was more savory than sweet. I might make it again for a healthy dish for myself, but not for company.Edit: Gave it another try. Doubled the amount of sage, since I could not taste it at all last time. Much better."
"This was fabulous! I followed the advice of others and sautéed the chard, garlic, and onions. (I used yellow onion.). Next time I may add sausage as another suggested. I will make this again."
"great easy to make"