- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 cups julienned Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the squash and onion in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil and pepper flakes; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, Swiss chard, sage, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Linguine
Sort By :
This was fabulous! I followed the advice of others and sautéed the chard, garlic, and onions. (I used yellow onion.). Next time I may add sausage as another suggested. I will make this again.
great easy to make
Love it. Excellent meatless option
Terrific recipe. The sage makes this pure comfort food. Based on other reviews and m y supplies, I used 1 teaspoon dried sage, sauteed the chard with garlic, salt & pepper and sprinkled shredded Parmesan cheese on top. We've never had chard before so I wanted to keep it separate in case we didn't care for it. We loved is and I used the whole bunch, not just the two cups called for in recipe (I cut away the stems). I poked the squash with a fork and nuked for 3 minutes to soften to make it easier to peel and chop. This is a keeper!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Butternut Squash Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Italian Vegetarian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >
- Pasta Recipes >
- Roasted Squash >