Squash is one of our favorite vegetables, and this is my husband's favorite fall dish. He looks forward to it all year. —Kim Caputo, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
- 4 cups cubed peeled butternut squash
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 pound uncooked linguine
- 2 cups julienned Swiss chard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place the squash and onion in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Combine the oil and pepper flakes; drizzle over vegetables and toss to coat.
- Bake, uncovered, 45-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook linguine according to package directions; drain and place in a large bowl. Add squash mixture, Swiss chard, sage, salt and pepper; toss to combine. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Butternut Linguine in Taste of Home August/September 2011, p52
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Roasted Butternut Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review