Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Hazelnuts
What I love about this recipe is the mix of Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts. This flavorful combo is festive enough for a special occasion yet homey and easy enough for every day. —Gail Prather, Hastings, Nebraska
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped hazelnuts
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a small heavy saucepan, melt butter over
- medium heat. Heat 2-3 minutes or until golden brown, stirring
- constantly. Remove from heat; stir in pepper and salt.
- Place Brussels sprouts and hazelnuts in a 15x10x1-in. baking pan
- coated with cooking spray. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to
- coat. Roast 10-15 minutes or until Brussels sprouts are tender,
- stirring occasionally. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 209 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 23 mg cholesterol, 398 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 7 g protein.