Roasted Brussels Sprouts with Cranberries
There’s nothing to this recipe, the preparation and cooking are so quick. I throw in dried cranberries, but you can let your imagination take over. Add a handful of raisins or walnuts at the end...even sliced oranges. If your Brussels sprouts are large, cut them in half. —Ellen Ruzinsky, Yorktown Heights, NY
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 3 pounds fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat oven to 425°. Divide Brussels sprouts between two greased
- 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil; sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Toss to coat. Roast 20-25 minutes or until tender, stirring
- occasionally. Transfer to a large bowl; stir in cranberries. Yield:
- 12 servings (1/2 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 94 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 185 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.