Brussels sprouts for a snack? Oh, yes. Combine these roasted goodies with cheese for the ultimate toast topper. —Athena Russell, Greenville, South Carolina
- 3/4 pound fresh Brussels sprouts, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/3 cup whipped cream cheese
- 1 French bread baguette (10-1/2 ounces), cut in 1/2-inch slices
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Gruyere cheese
- Garlic oil, optional
- Preheat oven to 400°. Toss together Brussels sprouts, 2 tablespoons olive oil, nutmeg, salt and pepper; place on a foil-lined 15x10-in. baking pan. Roast, stirring once, until tender and browned, about 20 minutes.
- Process feta and cream cheese in food processor until smooth. Place bread slices on a foil-lined baking sheet. Brush with remaining olive oil; broil until just golden, 1-2 minutes. Spread bread slices with feta cheese mixture; top with Brussels sprouts. Sprinkle with Gruyere cheese. Broil 5-6 in. from heat until cheese is melted and starting to brown, 1-2 minutes. If desired, drizzle with garlic oil. Serve immediately. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Roasted Brussels Sprouts & 3-Cheese Crostini in Taste of Home November 2016, p90
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Roasted Brussels Sprouts & 3-Cheese Crostini
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review