Roasted Brussels Sprouts Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen brussels sprouts, thawed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Cut an "X" in the core of each brussels sprout. Place 1 in. of water in a saucepan; add sprouts. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-6 minutes or until crisp-tender. Drain. Add the remaining ingredients and toss to coat.
- Arrange sprouts in a single layer in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Sort By :
This is an easy way to make brussel sprouts and they are delicious!
Loved it, two out of four kids loved it and my husband loved it. Instead of boiling them in water, I boiled them in chicken broth and added minced garlic to the pan when I baked it, yummmmm.
If you've never had brussel sprouts, roasting them like this is the way to go. They tasted awesome.
I cut off the ends and cut eat sprout in half and put a notch in the base of each (instead of the X in the whole core). I did NOT parboil them as directed...just put them in a bag with the oil to get them covered and then put them in the pan and covered with sea salt and pepper (used a grinder for both). Roasted them as directed for about 20 minutes until they were beginning to get brown and a little crispy. Everyone tried them and they were really good. I loved them and my 8 year old thought they were 'pretty good'. My youngest didn't like them. My husband who said he had brussel sprouts as a child and hated them admitted this time while he wouldn't ask for them, they were okay...which is super high praise for my picky Pete!
IF I make brussel sprouts again, I will probably use this recipe. My husband and I had never had brussel sprouts before tonight, and were a bit leery, but they weren't bad.
A delicious simple way to prepare brussel sprouts. I added 1/2 tsp minced garlic.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Brussels Sprouts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Easy Recipes >
- German Recipes >
- German Side Dishes >
- German Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >