This recipe makes ordinary beets taste delicious. They come out sweet and tender. --Wendy Stenman
- 1 pound medium fresh beets, peeled
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 to 5 fresh rosemary sprigs
- Cut each beet into six wedges; place in a large resealable plastic bag. Add olive oil and salt; seal and shake to coat.
- Place a piece of heavy-duty foil (about 12 in. long) in a 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Arrange beets on foil and top with rosemary. Fold foil around beet mixture and seal tightly.
- Bake at 400° for 1-1/4 to 1-1/2 hours or until beets are tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Discard rosemary sprigs. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Beet Wedges in Test Kitchen Favorites 2004 2005, p202
Reviews for Roasted Beet Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review