Roasted Beet-Orange Salad Recipe
Tender beets and tangy vinaigrette are the stars of this fresh, colorful salad. —Kathy Rairigh, Milford, Indiana
- 5 whole fresh beets
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 2 medium oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Place beets in an 11x7-in. baking dish; add 1 in. of water. Cover and bake 40-45 minutes or until tender. Cool; peel, slice and quarter beets.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine beets and green onions. In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, oils, sugar, salt, curry and white pepper. Pour over beets; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- 3. Divide lettuce among six plates. Using a slotted spoon, top with beet mixture. Arrange orange sections over salad. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 59 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 96 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1/2 starch.
Reviews for Roasted Beet-Orange Salad
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC