Roasted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
- 1/2 cup port wine or 1/2 cup beef broth and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1. In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add roast and bay leaf; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, discarding marinade and bay leaf in bag. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef: 193 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 257mg sodium, 2g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges:3 lean meat, 1/2 fat
Reviews for Roasted Beef Tenderloin
"I used a New York Sirloin Roast- 4 star"
"My family is still raving about this roasted beef tenderloin."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.