Roasted Beef Tenderloin Recipe
An overnight marinade provides a savory seasoning for this tenderloin. "I've served this simple elegant roast on may special occasions," says Schelby Thompson, Camden Wyoming, Delaware.
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1/2 cup port wine or 1/2 cup beef broth and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Tie roast at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; mix well. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the tenderloin. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. Place tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered at 425° for 45-60 minutes or until roast reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Transfer to warm platter. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with remaining reserved marinade. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Beef Tenderloin in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p47
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Roasted Beef Tenderloin(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
My family is still raving about this roasted beef tenderloin.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >