- 1/2 cup port wine or 1/2 cup beef broth and 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 bay leaf
- In a small bowl, whisk the first seven ingredients until blended. Pour 3/4 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag. Add roast and bay leaf; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Preheat oven to 425°. Drain beef, discarding marinade and bay leaf in bag. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Roast 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Beef Tenderloin in Light & Tasty October/November 2004, p47
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roasted Beef Tenderloin
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Dec. 23, 2013
My family is still raving about this roasted beef tenderloin.
More Recipe Collections
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >