Roasted Autumn Vegetables Recipe
This colorful vegetable dish with mils garlic flavor was developed in our Test Kitchen. It conveniently bakes at the same temperature as the Mandarin Goose.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 70 min. YIELD:10 servings
- 1 medium whole garlic bulb, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1. Separate garlic bulb into cloves. Mince two cloves; place in a small bowl. Add the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onions and remaining garlic cloves. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 40-45 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 160 calories, 9 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 227 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC