This colorful vegetable dish with mils garlic flavor was developed in our Test Kitchen. It conveniently bakes at the same temperature as the Mandarin Goose.
- 1 medium whole garlic bulb, peeled
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh thyme or 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 1 pound fresh brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- Separate garlic bulb into cloves. Mince two cloves; place in a small bowl. Add the butter, thyme, salt and pepper. In a large bowl, combine the sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts, onions and remaining garlic cloves. Drizzle with butter mixture; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Uncover, bake 40-45 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir before serving. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roasted Autumn Vegetables in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p116
Reviews for Roasted Autumn Vegetables
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review