- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 2 pounds carrots (about 8 large)
- 1-1/2 pounds parsnips (about 6 medium)
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley and sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips into 1-1/2-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add onions and garlic cloves; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Divide mixture between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer vegetables to a Dutch oven. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan and heat through. Sprinkle servings with minced herbs. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Roasted Autumn Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
"I have made this 3 times already this fall. I halved the recipe because it's just my husband and me. He doesn't like parsnips or sweet potatoes but I used the immersion blender and he went for another helping!"
"This was great! Everyone loved it. I'm not sure that you can even tell there are parsnips in the soup since they are all blended together. May be a good time to introduce the parsnips to your family to acquire a taste for them?"
"Tasty soup. Well worth the extra effort to make. I served with a dollop of Greek yogurt with roasted pumpkin seeds on top. Will be making this again this fall."
"I can't wait to make this. Sounds so delicious AND healthy. Can anyone suggest what I can use as a substitute for the parsnips. Family does not like them. I thought perhaps butternut or acorn squash or white potatoes? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks"