- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 4 medium)
- 2 pounds carrots (about 8 large)
- 1-1/2 pounds parsnips (about 6 medium)
- 2 large onions, quartered
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 cartons (32 ounces each) chicken broth
- 1 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Minced fresh parsley and sage
- Preheat oven to 400°. Peel and cut sweet potatoes, carrots and parsnips into 1-1/2-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add onions and garlic cloves; drizzle with oil and toss to coat. Divide mixture between two greased 15x10x1-in. baking pans. Roast 40-50 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer vegetables to a Dutch oven. Add broth, milk, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil; simmer, uncovered, 10-15 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender. Or, cool soup slightly and puree in batches in a blender; return to pan and heat through. Sprinkle servings with minced herbs. Yield: 12 servings (4 quarts).
Reviews for Roasted Autumn Vegetable Soup
Sort By :
I can't wait to make this. Sounds so delicious AND healthy. Can anyone suggest what I can use as a substitute for the parsnips. Family does not like them. I thought perhaps butternut or acorn squash or white potatoes? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks