Since asparagus is so abundant here come spring, I like to put it to great use with this recipe. We all look forward to this side dish each year.—Vikki Rebholz, West Chester, Ohio
10-12 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- Arrange asparagus in a single layer in two foil-lined 15-in. x 10-in.
- x 1-in. baking pans. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and
- pepper. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 12-15 minutes or until
- crisp-tender, turning once. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Yield: 10-12
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 73 calories, 6 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein.