Roasted Asparagus with Feta
Pretty and festive, this simple-to-make side dish is delicious right out of the oven. —Phyllis Schmalz, Kansas City, Kansas
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Kosher salt to taste
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Arrange asparagus in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle
- with oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- Transfer to a serving dish; sprinkle with tomatoes and feta cheese.
- Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (calculated without salt) equals 72 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 103 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.