Roasted Asparagus with Balsamic Vinegar
Since my husband and I both work full-time. I'm always looking for fast nutritious recipes. The whole family loves this tasty treatment for asparagus. I can't make it often enough.
Natalie Peterson of Kirkland, Washington
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Place the asparagus in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Sprinkle with
- oil, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 10-15 minutes or until lightly browned. Drizzle with vinegar just
- before serving. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 47 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 305 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.