- 2 pounds fresh asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 12 lasagna noodles, cooked and drained
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus and mushrooms in a shallow roasting pan. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil; toss to coat. Bake at 450° for 8-10 minutes or until vegetables are browned; set aside. Reduce heat to 350°.
- In a large saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt, pepper and cloves until smooth. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute onion in remaining oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat; add roasted asparagus and mushrooms.
- In a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray, layer four noodles, a third of the asparagus mixture, a third of the white sauce, 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese. Repeat layers twice.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; bake 10-15 minutes longer or until heated through. Let stand for 15 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Roasted Asparagus Lasagna
"I tripled the sauce and the shredded cheese. If not it would have been too dry. Definitely will make again. It was a BIG hit."
"This was good, but I probably tripled the white sauce. Otherwise there wouldn't be nearly enough. I also added a dash of nutmeg in place of the cloves."
"Very dry there must be a mistake in the amount of white sauce. I even doubled it still was dry."
"I would definitely use an Alfredo sauce and not monkey around with the white sauce just saying."
"We did not care for this at all. It was very dry and bland. I'm glad other reviewers liked it, but it was definitely not for me."