- quarters in a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; fan
- In a small bowl, whisk the cider, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper;
- gradually whisk in oil. Set aside 1 cup for dressing; drizzle
- remaining mixture over apples. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for
- 18-22 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, arrange the romaine, leaf lettuce, onion and cranberries
- on 12 salad plates. Top each with a roasted apple fan; sprinkle with
- cheese and candied nuts. Drizzle with reserved dressing. Yield: 12
To Make Ahead: Prepare the sugared walnuts and the dressing a few days before. Store the nuts in a covered container at room temperature. Cover and chill the dressing. If they are well coated with dressing before roasting, the apple fans can be prepared a day ahead, then refrigerated. Re-warm them in the oven or microwave when ready to use.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving equals 168 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.