- mixture under the skin. Rub remaining butter mixture over turkey.
- Tuck wings under turkey; tie drumsticks together.
- Bake at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted
- in thigh reads 180°. Baste occasionally with pan drippings.
- For stuffing, in a Dutch oven, cook sausage over medium heat for 6-8
- minutes or until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles. Remove with
- a slotted spoon; drain on paper towels. Discard drippings, reserving
- 1 tablespoon.
- Add the cabbage, carrot, celery and onion to reserved drippings; cook
- and stir over medium heat until tender. Stir in cream, poultry
- seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Add the stuffing cubes, egg and sausage; toss to combine. Stir in
- enough broth to reach desired moistness; transfer to a greased
- 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, covered, for 30 minutes. Uncover
- and bake 10-15 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- Remove turkey from oven; cover loosely with foil and let stand for 20
- minutes before carving. Serve with stuffing. Yield: 12 servings
- (about 8 cups stuffing).
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer