- 1 quart apple cider
- 1 can (12 ounces) lemon-lime soda
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup marinade for chicken
- 1 tablespoon Mrs. Dash Garlic & Herb seasoning blend
- 1 tablespoon Creole seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 turkey (12 to 14 pounds)
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- In a large saucepan, combine the first nine ingredients; bring to a boil. Cook for 30 minutes or until mixture is reduced by almost half, about 4 cups. Strain, discarding vegetables.
- Meanwhile, pat turkey dry. Rub butter over the outside and inside of turkey. Sprinkle salt and pepper over the outside and inside cavity. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, breast side up.
- Bake at 325° for 3 to 3-3/4 hours or until a thermometer inserted in thigh reads 180°, basting every 30 minutes with reduced cider mixture. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before carving.
- Pour drippings and loosened brown bits from roasting pan into a small saucepan; skim fat. Combine cornstarch and water until smooth; stir into drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (4 cups gravy).
Originally published as Roast Turkey with Cider Gravy in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2013, p99
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Roast Turkey with Cider Gravy
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Turkey >
- Cajun Dinner Recipes >
- Cajun Recipes >
- Christmas Dinner Recipes >
- Christmas Main Dish Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Dinner Recipes >
- Mardi Gras Recipes >
- Potluck Dinner Recipes >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Roasted Turkey >
- Thanksgiving Dinner Recipes >
- Thanksgiving Main Dishes >