Roast Turkey Breast with Rosemary Gravy Recipe
A velvety gravy coats this remarkably tender and juicy turkey breast that’s perfect for a holiday get-together. Rebecca Clark — Warrior, Alabama
- 2 medium apples, sliced
- 1-1/2 cups sliced leeks (white portion only)
- 2-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 bone-in turkey breast (6 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary, divided
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1. Preheat oven to 325°. Arrange apples and leeks in a roasting pan; add 1 cup broth. Place turkey breast over apple mixture. In a small bowl, combine oil and 1-1/2 teaspoons rosemary. With fingers, carefully loosen skin from the turkey breast; rub rosemary mixture under the skin. Secure skin to underside of breast with toothpicks.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 1-3/4 to 2-1/4 hours or until a thermometer reads 170°, basting every 30 minutes. Cover loosely with foil if turkey browns too quickly. Remove turkey from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 15 minutes before carving, reserving 1/4 cup pan juices. Discard apples and leeks.
- 3. In a small saucepan, melt butter; add flour and remaining rosemary until blended, stirring constantly. Gradually add pan juices and remaining broth to saucepan. Bring to a boil. Cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Serve with turkey. Yield: 12 servings (1-1/3 cups gravy).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC