Roast Prime Rib Recipe
- 1 tablespoon ground mustard
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 beef ribeye roast (4 to 5 pounds), rolled and tied
- 1 small onion, cut into thin slivers
- 2 garlic cloves, cut into slivers
- Fresh parsley sprigs
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the mustard, salt, paprika, allspice and pepper. Using a sharp knife, cut long deep slits in the top of the roast, approximately 1 in. apart. Stuff each slit with onion, garlic, parsley and a small amount of spice mixture. Rub remaining spice mixture on the outside of the roast.
- 2. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Roast Prime Rib
"I MADE THIS RECEPIE FOR ME AND MY HUSBAND FOR Christmas DAY WE BOTHENJOYED IT ELIZABETH RUSSELL OH"
"im sure this is great but what is the pound per hour"
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.