Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. Combine the salt, sage and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. For the sauce, drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, spices and 1/2 cup raspberry juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and remaining raspberry juice until smooth; stir into the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, food coloring if desired and reserved raspberries.
- 4. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounce-weight: 366 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 294mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (35g sugars, 1g fiber), 31g protein
Reviews for Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce
"The pork turned out good, but I used 2 2lb loins with same amount of seasoning as indicated. The sauce was overpowered by the nutmeg?, but good none the less. I plan to reduce the spices by half next time I make the sauce to see how much of a difference there is."
"Evidently I cooked my roast too long since it was very dry. With 1-1/2 cups sugar the raspberry sauce was extremely sweet."
"Fabulous recipe!! Perfect for entertaining--the raspberry sauce is so good with the meat."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.