Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless rolled pork loin roast (3-1/2 to 4 pounds)
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened raspberries, thawed
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground ginger, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 to 4 drops red food coloring, optional
- 1. Combine the salt, sage and pepper; rub over entire roast. Place roast fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 70-80 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°.
- 2. For the sauce, drain raspberries, reserving liquid. Set berries aside. Add enough water to juice to measure 3/4 cup. In a saucepan, combine the sugar, vinegar, spices and 1/2 cup raspberry juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes.
- 3. Combine cornstarch and remaining raspberry juice until smooth; stir into the saucepan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, food coloring if desired and reserved raspberries.
- 4. Let roast stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Serve with raspberry sauce. Yield: 10 servings.
4 ounces pork equals 366 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 82 mg cholesterol, 294 mg sodium, 41 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Raspberry Sauce
"The pork turned out good, but I used 2 2lb loins with same amount of seasoning as indicated. The sauce was overpowered by the nutmeg?, but good none the less. I plan to reduce the spices by half next time I make the sauce to see how much of a difference there is."
"Evidently I cooked my roast too long since it was very dry. With 1-1/2 cups sugar the raspberry sauce was extremely sweet."
"Fabulous recipe!! Perfect for entertaining--the raspberry sauce is so good with the meat."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.