Roast Pork with Onion Stuffing Recipe
I had the luck of finding this recipe neatly written and tucked inside a cookbook I bought at a garage sale. My family especially likes this in fall when the air takes on a chill.
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup water
- Rub roast with oil. Combine salt, thyme and pepper; sprinkle over roast. Place roast in a shallow baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2 to 2-1/2 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Meanwhile, in a skillet, saute onions in butter for 8-10 minutes or until tender. Stir in flour, lemon juice, bouillon, salt, nutmeg and pepper; add water. Cook over medium heat for 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Cut roast almost all the way through into 3/8-in. slices. Spoon 1 tablespoon of stuffing between each slice. Spoon remaining stuffing over roast. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 30 minutes If desired, thicken pan juices to make gravy. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Pork with Onion Stuffing in Country Pork 1996, p77
Reviews for Roast Pork with Onion Stuffing(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review