- before slicing.
- In a small nonstick saucepan, saute shallot and remaining garlic in
- butter for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir until
- blended. Gradually stir in the broth, jelly and reserved juice
- mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until
- thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 4 ounces cooked pork with 3 tablespoons sauce equals 307 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 80 mg cholesterol, 115 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.