Roast Pork with Currant Sauce Recipe
Our Test Kitchen perked up a plain pork roast by marinating it in fruit juices and a handful of exotic spices. Served with a red currant sauce, the pork slices are mouthwatering and tender.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic, divided
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 boneless Pork Loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup red currant jelly
- In a bowl, combine the orange juice, lemon juice, ginger, 1 teaspoon garlic, oregano, cinnamon and coriander. Cover and refrigerate 1 cup for sauce. Pour remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add pork and onion. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours, turning occasionally.
- Drain and discard marinade; place the roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a small nonstick saucepan, saute shallot and remaining garlic in butter for 1 minute. Sprinkle with flour; cook and stir until blended. Gradually stir in the broth, jelly and reserved juice mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with pork. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Roast Pork with Currant Sauce in Light & Tasty February/March 2007, p58
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Currant Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Dinner Recipes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >