Roast Pork with Cherry-Almond Glaze Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup and spices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 3/4 cup for serving. Stir almonds into remaining mixture.
- 3. Brush roast with some of the glaze. Bake 35-50 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved cherry mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
4-1/2 ounces: 310 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 287mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 0 fiber), 31g protein.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Cherry-Almond Glaze
"I don't like to eat a lot of pork but I came across this and had to try it. The glaze made this super delicious! Everyone who tried it loved it!"
"Cherry glaze is wonderful and compliments the meat very well. I have used this recipe for several holiday meals."
"This is our family's favorite recipe for pork roast. Yummy!"
"Took much longer to cook pork than noted in instructions. But it ended up being quite good."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.