Roast Pork with Cherry-Almond Glaze Recipe
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (3-1/2 pounds)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 jar (12 ounces) cherry preserves
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon each ground cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds
- 1. Sprinkle roast with salt; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small saucepan, bring the preserves, vinegar, corn syrup and spices to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 2 minutes. Set aside 3/4 cup for serving. Stir almonds into remaining mixture.
- 3. Brush roast with some of the glaze. Bake 35-50 minutes longer or until a meat thermometer reads 160°, brushing frequently with remaining glaze. Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Serve with reserved cherry mixture. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (4.000-1/2 ounces) equals 310 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 79 mg cholesterol, 287 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 31 g protein.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Cherry-Almond Glaze
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.