- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange the apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning the apples, onions and garlic once. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Apples & Onions
Sort By :
My Family loved the Pork, but weren't all crazy about eating the apples and onions, although that's what gave the awesome flavor! Served with a side of cilantro rice and some green beans, great meal will definitely make again!
This was fabulous. Pork was tender and juicy, apples and onions just right. Will make this again. And again.
Excellent! The roast was nice and moist. I think the apples and onions helped it stay that way. I will definitely make this again.
Excellent. I would make this again.
I agree with some of the other reviews that it was just kind of plain. Nothing really special as far as taste goes to make me want to make this again.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >