Roast Pork with Apples & Onions Recipe
- 1 boneless whole Pork Loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange the apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning the apples, onions and garlic once. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Apples & Onions(17)
Sort By :
Excellent. I would make this again.
I agree with some of the other reviews that it was just kind of plain. Nothing really special as far as taste goes to make me want to make this again.
JennyRed__FLThe book lists the cook time as 1 1/4 hours.
The cook time was adjusted to keep consistent with the new recommendations for cooking pork to 145º.
I got this recipe from the 2011 Taste of Home Cookbook. The book lists the cook time as 1 1/4 hours. The apples were mushy after only 45 minutes, but I couldn't remove them because they were mixed in with the onions. They picture makes it look as though the onions would get slightly crispy, but they ended up mushy as well. So, even at the shorter cook time listed online, the apples and onions wouldn't have been good. Any flavor the garlic might have given the dish completely dissipated in the oven. In short, the pork was very plain, and the apples and onions were mushy and tasteless. I'm very disappointed in TOH for not only choosing the recipe to be published in their book and online, but for having discrepancies in the cook time.
nothing special. just plain and simple.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Recipes >
- Baking Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Pork Main Dishes >