- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange the apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning the apples, onions and garlic once. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Apples & Onions
"So easy! Very tasty and moist. The only change I made was I did not brown it before hand. I place pork in baking pan with the apples & onions and coated it with the 1 TBSP olive oil and seasonings. Smelled excellent and a perfect meal on a cold winters night! Thank you!"
"I thought this was very good! My apples and onions were not mushy at all. I did be sure to turn them half way through the cook time. Used kosher salt on the pork. Bake time was only about 45 minutes and my pork was medium and perfect!"
"Delicious! A bit too many apples so I'll cut back on those next time. Otherwise, really really good :-)"
"My Family loved the Pork, but weren't all crazy about eating the apples and onions, although that's what gave the awesome flavor! Served with a side of cilantro rice and some green beans, great meal will definitely make again!"
"This was fabulous. Pork was tender and juicy, apples and onions just right. Will make this again. And again."