The sweetness of the apples and onions really complements the roast pork. With its crisp skin and melt-in-your-mouth flavor, this is my family's favorite weekend dinner. —Lily Julow, Lawrenceville, Georgia
- 1 boneless whole pork loin roast (2 pounds)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 large Golden Delicious apples, cut into wedges
- 2 large onions, cut into wedges
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- Sprinkle roast with salt and pepper. In a large nonstick skillet, brown roast in oil on all sides. Place in a shallow roasting pan coated with cooking spray. Arrange the apples, onions and garlic around roast; sprinkle with rosemary.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 45-60 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°, turning the apples, onions and garlic once. Let meat stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Roast Pork with Apples & Onions in Taste of Home December/January 2010, p67
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Apples & Onions
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review