I enjoy cooking and am constantly on the lookout for new recipes to try. I feel very fortunate when I find a dish like this that becomes a family favorite. Ever since I found this recipe several years ago, it's the main way I fix pork loin. -Virgina Barrett, Rochester, New York
Recommended: 23 Apple Slow Cooker Recipes
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1-3/4 teaspoons salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 1-1/2 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mace
- In a small bowl, combine flour, 1-1/2 teaspoons salt, ground mustard, caraway, sugar, pepper and sage; rub over roast. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Place roast on a rack in a shallow roasting pan, fat side up. Roast, uncovered, 40 minutes. In a small bowl, mix applesauce, brown sugar, mace and remaining salt; spread over roast. Roast 35-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Roast Pork with Apple Topping in Taste of Home February/March 1995 , p27
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork with Apple Topping
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 25, 2012
"This is one of my personal favorites. Works well with ham too."
Reviewed Aug. 25, 2012
"I love this recipe and have shared it with friends. easy and flavorful. I use homemade applesauce for the topping."