Roast Pork Sandwiches with Peach Chutney Recipe
- 1 pork tenderloin (1 pound)
- 2 tablespoons spicy brown mustard
- PEACH CHUTNEY:
- 1/4 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon mustard seed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Dash ground cloves
- 1/4 cup fat-free mayonnaise
- 4 onion rolls, split and toasted
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1. Brush pork with mustard; place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 425° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160°. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.
- 2. Meanwhile, for chutney, in a small saucepan, combine the preserves, onion, vinegar, garlic and seasonings. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 7-8 minutes or until thickened. Set aside to cool.
- 3. Spread mayonnaise over roll bottoms. Layer with lettuce, pork slices and chutney. Replace tops. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich equals 357 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 65 mg cholesterol, 589 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2-1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.