- pepper. Add broth. Place roast on vegetables. Sprinkle roast and
- vegetables with 1/2 teaspoon paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 1 to 1-1/4 hours or until a meat
- thermometer reads 160°. Remove meat to a serving platter and
- keep warm.
- For gravy, strain vegetables, reserving cooking liquid. Set
- vegetables aside. Skim fat from liquid. In a food processor, puree
- vegetables and 1/2 cup cooking liquid until smooth. Combine 1 cup
- pureed vegetables and remaining cooking liquid. Add enough water to
- measure 2-1/2 cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, cook mushrooms and remaining garlic in butter
- until tender. Stir in flour until blended; cook and stir for 1-2
- minutes. Add lemon juice, thyme, remaining salt and paprika and
- reserved pureed vegetable mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with roast.
- Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (3 ounces cooked pork with 1/4 cup gravy) equals 221 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 72 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 28 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.