Roast Pork and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in 1/2 cup water; let stand for 3 minutes.
- 2. Place roast, fat side up, on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Pour remaining water into the pan. Combine potatoes and onions; spoon around the roast. Brush vegetables and roast with seasoning mixture.
- 3. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Baste and stir potatoes occasionally. Tent with foil if browning too fast. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 280 calories, 9 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 73 mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 21 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 28 g protein.
Reviews for Roast Pork and Potatoes
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.