Roast Pork and Potatoes Recipe
- 1 envelope onion soup mix
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 cups water, divided
- 1 bone-in pork loin roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 2 to 3 pounds small red potatoes, cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups sliced onions
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Stir in 1/2 cup water; let stand for 3 minutes.
- Place roast, fat side up, on a greased rack in a roasting pan. Pour remaining water into the pan. Combine potatoes and onions; spoon around the roast. Brush vegetables and roast with seasoning mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/2 to 3 hours or until a thermometer reads 160° and potatoes are tender. Baste and stir potatoes occasionally. Tent with foil if browning too fast. Thicken juices for gravy if desired. Let stand 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Roast Pork and Potatoes
Sort By :
Made this recipe on New Years' Day. I knew it would be good just from the introduction of Meet the Cook and it was. We all enjoyed the dinner. Thank you for the recipe.
Delicious! My family loved it. I also added fresh mushrooms and soy sauce. I did have to double the seasoning mixture to cover the meat and vegetables properly. Also, I needed to bake it for about 30 minutes longer than stated in the recipe. Will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing.
so moist and tender possibly the best pork roast I've ever had. Only thing I might change is instead of putting the seasoning on top of the roast I might put it in a large baggie and massage it into the roast for better coverage.
Excellent, the meat is moist and delicious!
This was by far the best pork roast recipe I have ever cooked. The meat was so tender and the gravy from the drippings was delicious!!